List of content you will read in this article:
You might occasionally need to know the IP address of the Minecraft server so that other users can connect to it.
How to Find Minecraft Server Address in Windows?
Your computer's IP address serves as the Minecraft server.
- First, click on the Windows+R Keyboard Shortcut. The Run window will appear when you click on these keyboard shortcuts. Run is an additional option when you right-click on the Windows icon.
- Then, enter "cmd" in the Run window. There should be a black command window called Command Prompt on your display.
- Finally, insert "ipconfig /all" command and press Enter. If you connect through a wired connection, your computer's IP address will be listed under the ethernet and IPv4 addresses. Keep the Command prompt window active if you wish to set up your Minecraft server; otherwise, close it.
How to find the Minecraft server address on PS4?
- Start by turning on your PS4 and activating the dashboard by pressing the PS button on your controller.
- On the Home screen, choose the Settings icon.
- In the Settings window, choose Network and click View Connection Status.
- Next to the IP address column on the new page is where you can find the Minecraft server address.
How to Find the Minecraft server's IP address on XBOX?
- Launch your Xbox and go to the Dashboard.
- Select Settings > All Settings from the dashboard page.
- Next, choose Network > Network Options > Advanced settings.
- Select IP settings in the Advanced Settings box. It is located under the IPv4 section.
How to set up the Minecraft server?
First, you need to install Java Edition Server and Minecraft. Create a folder for the Minecraft files on your device. A Minecraft server contains a lot of files, so you have to have enough storage on your server.
Right-click on the.jar file and then choose the 'Run as administrator' option.
The next step is to access the eula.txt file in the program folder. Additionally, switch eula=false to eula=true.
Navigate to the Minecraft folder after from the cmd window.
Press Enter after entering "java -jar Minecraft server.1.9.5.jar".
The filename can be changed to match the name of the Minecraft jar file.
Next, you must see if the Minecraft server is visible on the website. Enter your server's IP address now, then select the checkbox. To play on your server, you must specify "Localhost." The other participants must then connect to you using your IP address.
Once you've configured port forwarding, the server should function properly. You are now prepared to interact with other players.
How can others join your Minecraft server?
- On your computer, launch Minecraft.
- The "Direct Connect" option should be selected.
- Enter or paste the server's IP address (this could also be a domain name)
- Press "Join Server"
People also read: