To reissue a RapidSSL Certificate, perform the following steps.
Step 1: Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
For assistance with generating your CSR please click here.
Step 2: Access the RapidSSL User Portal
– Browse to https://products.geotrust.com/geocenter/reissuance/reissue.do
– Provide the following information:
• The fully qualified domain name (common name) or Order ID for the certificate.
• An email address contained on the order records.
• The 5 digit code from the captcha image.
– You may be presented with a list of order numbers. Select Request Access against the current order ID, the reissue option will not be available on previous versions of the certificate.
– An email will be sent to the technical contact email address specified above
– Click on the link listed in the email to enter the User Portal
– Click the Reissue Certificate option in the left hand column
NOTE: If the Reissue option is not available or disabled please contact Customer Support Department to request a manual re-issuance.
Chat: Chat support
– On the following screen select your Hashing Algorithm, then copy and paste the new CSR
– Select the Subscriber Agreement, click Submit
– After the order is approved the certificate will be re-issued
The Common Name can not be changed with a reissue
RapidSSL – requires a manual approval through domain authorization e-mail for certificate re-issuance
Step 3: RapidSSL Certificate installation
For certificate installation steps please click here for documentation.